Sunday, September 2, 2007

Oh Happy Day!!!

I had quite a wonderful day yesterday! First of all, we received notice that our car was ready for pick-up! So, I took a taxi to the pick-up point, signed a bunch of papers, and voila! We have our wheels! The taxi driver was very kind, and waited around for me to finish so I could follow him back to the base. I think he could tell I was a bit nervous about finding my way. I told myself "Okay, just look for landmarks as we drive and then you should be able to make it okay." I only got scared when I looked out the window and realized I couldn't figure out the stoplights! I didn't even know where they were, but people seemed to be stopping en masse. So, yeah, I accepted his offer to guide me back. By the way- the yellow light comes AFTER a red, before a green. And people make their own lanes - and rules. It kinda makes NYC look like Mayberry.

I made it back in one piece, and I couldn't stop smiling and peeking into my garage! You know, as much as I am going to miss my rental car (I say that with the utmost sarcasm!) I am just so excited!

On the note of great things happening, I had to call maintenance to report a problem with my washing machine. Well, they came, they saw, they couldn't fix it. SO! I get to have a brand spankin' new machine delivered on Monday!!!

A car AND a washer? I am in heaven.

No comments: